Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Weekend Family Party

This past Sunday my mother had a huge family picnic for Memorial day weekend. It was so much fun seeing family and just sitting back relaxing, or playing. The kids had sprinklers and slip-n-slides to play on and the men headed out to play some good old fashioned cornhole. It was a great day...as you can see I posted quite a few pictures. We had awesome weather and just a good ole' time. Hope everyone had a great weekend as well.


Catching some water...


My mom and dad....Madelines grandparents...

The kids playing by the creek...catching bugs, looking for whatever creature they see..

Madeline taking her turn sliding...I was shocked she did this, she does not like water in her eyes!


Seems like lately I cannot get a non-goofy smile from Madeline


Natalie & Madeline getting warm


Having fun in the sprinkler


My girl


My grandpa & his great-grandchildren--L to R- Madeline, Sam, Great Pop-Pop, Billy, Zachary, Kaden, and in baby Swing, Logan. Madeline is the only girl right now- Due June 6th is Baby GIRL- "Taegyn"-My cousin Megan lives in Florida and is due anytime with her first child- and it's a girl!!


My aunt Beverly & Uncle Gary. My aunt Beverly, and uncle, took care of Madeline her first year---from 4 months old to 15 months old....what a blessing Madeline had- someone to hold her and cuddle her all the time as a baby.

My nephews Billy & Zachary on the slip-n-slide

The boys got a bit tired from all the activity

Overall, a fabulous day. I have such a wonderful family.
Hope everyone had a great Memorial day.

3 comments:

Young Creations said...

Thanks for stopping by. Can you believe that as of this morning, I have lost 17 POUNDS. If you want to find out more information about the detox program, google Chet Day. It is a pretty intense program.

I love slip and slides. We have had so much fun with those. The pictures show how much fun you all had. The weather was much warmer there than here.
Have a great Wednesday!

Rebekah said...

Lisa and Madeline - it looks like you all had such a wonderful fun filled weekend. Lisa - I LOVE that picture of Madeline catching the drops of water ... great picture and it just screams SUMMER! It looks like she had a BLAST with all her cousins ... ah, the one thing we miss out on so much living so far from family - lots of cousins ... Jaden has 5 of them she only seems every 3 monhts or so ... bummer! At least now she'll have a friend and playmate in the new baby! Thanks for stopping by - I too LOVE reading about all your adventures ... hope you are having a great week! See you tomorrow for FFF!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!

Becca said...

Fabulous weekend! And what a beautiful blue-eyed cutie pie you got there!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca