Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The day after...ICE

Since I have been stuck at home since Sunday evening I have done some posting on here. I posted some pictures last night below of Madeline outside. Be sure to scroll down and see the post from yesterday. The pictures here are what we woke up to this morning, ICE. Currently it is raining since the temperture is rising. This is not the type of snowfall I would want. A good snow is a snowman building, sleigh-riding, snowball making, snowangel-making type snow. Oh well, I guess I should be happy to just see the white stuff at all. When I was growing up, every year we had a nice snow with school called off for days and we spent all day outside and being exhausted from a day outside. What fun it was. Hopefully there will be a time my little girl can enjoy the fun I had when I was little. In the mean time we sure do have a pretty view out the window.

Ice covered branches...


The droopy ice-covered trees outside our condo
While we enjoy this time off, Madeline and are are spending our snow day making Valentines and baking cupcakes for her class party. So we will enjoy the day together, just the 2 of us!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Believe it or not, we used to get a good snowfall at least once a year in Memphis too. I have great memories of school being out and playing outside for hours at time in the snow. We are lucky to see anything white the last few winters. We have cold rain today. I hope Madeline is feeling better today.