Monday, February 25, 2008

Love those Guatemamas!

I wanted to share something here on my blog that has truely changed me. When I started here in blog -land I was following a blog of my friend Lori, journey-to-guatemala and their adoption of their son Cohen. Following their experience of the Guatemala adoption process really taught me a lot about the steps parents have to take to adopt, espically from a different country. Being part of Lori's blog I have met other blogger moms, mainly that have adopted through Guatemala. Your stories are amazing & inspiring. I want to thank everyone who posts to my blog and makes me a part of the community as well. I am a single mom and have met other single moms in blogger as well. My life was filled with joy with the surprise pregnancy and arrival of my little girl in March 2003. Without the support from friends and family I do not know where I would be today. I pray to all the families trying to complete their adoption in Guatemala, as I know that country and the US have made major changes. Thanks to all for sharing your stories and posting adorable pictures of your little ones.



A little update!
The picture above is of Madeline taken on Wednesday at her first swimming lesson at the "Y". Last year we spent a lot of time in the water at Kentucky Kingdoms water park and at our friends backyard swimming pool. Even though Madeline is not scared of the water, she still cannot swim and hates water in her face. I am hoping the swim lessons will help her with learning how to go underwater, hold her breath, and to swim with the help of a float. She did very well last week and can't wait to go back for another lesson tonight.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I have to admit, I also check out your friend Lori's blog from yours. Cohen is just about Grant's age so I love reading updates. Keep me posted in the swimming lessons, Parker needs to take them as well. She is like Madeline, not afraid of the water but freaks when water gets in her eyes. She will be taking lessons this year as well.

Becca said...

Anytime you want to take the girls to KY Kingdom you just let me know!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca (proud Guatemama!)