Friday, July 18, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday #25- Rest in Peace "Blue"

This week our FFF is to pick your own theme. Our FFF queen and organizer is on a vacation this week and she asked for us to pick our own pictures for the week. I had some pictures I was going to post from our vacation last week at home, but we had an unexpected event today. Our beta fish "blue" that we have had for 4 years passed away today. He was an amazing fish. Four years ago when I decided to give my cockatiel, who I had owned for 10 years, to my friend Kelly, I went out and bought this fish for Madeline and I. I didn't think he would ever live this long!


We would occasionally stop in the pet store by our house where we bought the fish and to pick up fish food. We would stop and talk to the fish guy that takes care of all the tanks. We would always tell him our fish was alive and doing well. He always remembered Madeline because she started going in there when she was 15 months old. She loved going over and seeing all the fish in the tanks. He would even ask Madeline how her fish was. The last time I was in I told him our fish had a hard time swimming and would just lay on the bottom or on top of his little castle. He said that he was probably at the end of his little life...that was over 6 months ago. "Blue" died peacefully today while we were out about our day. About a year ago we got another beta so we have another one to still enjoy, but we will forever miss our first! I asked Madeline if she wanted to flush him or bury him. You should have seen the look she gave me when I said to flush him....she was like, no way mommy. So we decided to bury him right by our patio. Of course I got pictures....the one above is her holding "blue" in a princess bowl before burying him. In the background his Madeline's cousin Zachary.


preparing the tiny grave....and blue waiting for his burial:)

Madeline placing him into the grave


Rest in peace "blue"...We will miss you!

Love Madeline & Lisa


5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh My Goodness ... HOW SAD is this post! I am sorry about Blue girls ... I can't even imagine how great of a fish he was - he loved you guys so much he outlived his normal time ... You must have taken great care of him! I did have to laugh when youmentioned flushing Blue ... Jaden's fish(ies) died and she opted to flush them with a lot of tears ... she kept checking the potty for hours afterwards thinking they were still alive and swam back up ... well I hope you guys have a good weekend in spite of Blue's passing ... and what a lovely little tribute! Oh and Lisa - the Nintendo DS is a good thing so far for Jaden but she really isn't too interested in long term video game playing so I hope she likes it the same in a few months from now ... either way I love it! Have a great weekend ...

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!

Christina said...

Aw, so sad! But what a wonderful tribute! I love the rocks! We got a Beta Fish (whom we've named Dorothy) as a party favor over a year ago- yep- still alive! There's something calming about having a fish in the house.
Thanks so much for all your comments this week! it's been crazy! The girls are fraternal (their eyes are all different, hair is different and they are 3 different heights)but they do have a lot of similarities. They've always been close in size but we are finally at the point where Maddie is a size bigger and I'm trying to figure out clothes organization! LOL And NO they do not always get along! But for the most part squabbles are short lived and easily diverted. :)
Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs to you and madeline!

Kelly said...

Ahh, poor Madeline! Sweet pictures of her burying.

Tracy said...

That is so sad. Our hamster died a month ago and that was very traumatic! Have another one now, but is not the same as the first!

Kelly said...

I wish I was kidding about the windows. I don't know one single person this has ever happened to besides me. What are the chances would happen twice? I didn't file on our insurance either time, my glass deductible is $100 -- didn't seem worth it to save $45, I don't think we filed last time either. The rest of my family leaves in FL, they don't have deductibles on glass either, if only .. Thanks for stopping by my blog.