How lucky am I and Madeline to still have this wonderful person in our lives. My grandma (my mom''s mother) just celebrated her 96th birthday on July 20th. Every year we have a party to celebrate another wonderful year. She is an amazing person. She still lives on her own, in her home, and you can still sit down and talk to her about the day she had her own children and all the things she has seen in her lifetime. Through wars, the depression, walking everywhere she needed to go....no cell phones, no electronics, no fast food......... She has seen it all. We beg her to enjoy some of the money she has by buying a new big TV and she insists her 42 year old huge brown wood encased TV is just fine. We tell her she needs a new one because of the change happening next year and she says she will just deal with it then and buy one of those converters....She has lived simple, ate well, and still enjoys life. Are we lucky or what?!!
Happy 96 Birthday Great Meemaw....can't wait to celebrate your 100th in a few years....












5 comments:
Incredible! 96 years young, what amazing stories she can tell. Thanks for sharing her with us. Happy Birthday!
Oh Lisa that is amazing and you are beyond lucky to have her around still ... My Grandma just turned 85 and she is the same way - I am so happy to hear she is doing so well and she sounds cute a button ... especially about the TV and the converter ... too cute~! Hope you and Madeline had a nice weekend ... have agreat week!
rebekah, jaden & Baby#2 T!O
Guess what? Charla Young, wave 3 troubleshooter, is coming over today to interview in re: to the Apex Academy thing! Can you say nervous? I'll let you know what happens! After Billy was talking about the whole facebook thing, I asked Starr to show me, she gave me your blog. Too cute!!
96 years - wow! What a great post.
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
How cool. I miss my Nana so much. I would do anything for her to help me in raising my own children as she had such an important part in helping to raise me. You are so lucky. Happy Bday Gramma.
Lauren
Post a Comment