Today we spent the day shopping for the upcoming school year. I have the entire week off of work and today was "school day". We started out by getting the rest of Madeline's "shots" needed to start school. She wasn't too happy about those. She got upset when she saw the needle, but then didn't even cry when they gave them to her. After that we headed out to buy all her school supplies. We only have a few things left to purchase so it was a good shopping trip. Next we met my mother at the store that sells the school uniforms. This was a big moment more for me than Madeline. I remember every year (12 years of them) that my mom brought me to the same store and I was measured for my uniform. Luckily today the uniform Madeline put on fit her perfect and no alterations were needed. I took a couple of pictures of Madeline in her uniform in the dressing room. She was a bit embarrassed at mommy wanting to get pictures of her in it, but I can tell she LOVED it has she pranced around in the store.
The style of uniform St. Edward requires for Kindergarten must also be worn until 3rd grade, then she may switch to a regular skirt. I love the jumper uniform. It has a stripe of red through it also and a red school logo sweatshirt or sweater can be worn too. The first day of school is August 13th, so it is coming up very quickly. It's amazing how fast time flies.
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. It rained here and was pretty ugly, but we were able to set off fireworks by 10pm. We have a busy vacation week planned ahead, so until next time........
Monday, July 7, 2008
Getting ready for KINDERGARTEN!
Posted by Lisa and Madeline at 6:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












4 comments:
Oh My Gosh Lisa ... I LOVE the photos of Madeline in her School Uniform - I too have vivid memories of school uniform shopping ... she looks SO cute and grown up! I can't believe you start school so early ... Jaden doesn't start 1st grade until September 3rd ... but then again that will come fast too! Hope you have a great week off from work! Lucky Duck! Hope the weather is nice and you make it to the waterpark!
See you soon!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!
She looks great in her uniform. I love uniforms they are just the cutest!
Dmitry starts back to school the 28th. JULY 28!!! I can't believe it. The summer has just been way too short!
I seriously think about homeschooling just to have longer summers!
Too cute! I will have to remember to embarass Parker by taking my camera when we go uniform shopping later this month. I have those uniform memories myself but we got to shop in the Cafeteria because West Memphis is 'so far' from Memphis, the uniform shop came to us! Enjoy your week off, I need one of those in the worst way. Maybe one day!
AMdeline looks adorable in her red white and blue, but especially her CUTE school uniform! What a doll! She looks so proud of it too!
Post a Comment