Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Life Changing Day!


Six years ago today my life changed! I knew something was up with my body. I was exhausted and for some odd reason I was "late". One of my co-workers said, are you pregnant? I was like, no way! and then I began to think. OH MY, could I be. All these thoughts started rushing through my head. I am single, not married, away from family, oh my! oh my. I am "usually" so good at protecting myself. After work I ran by Walgreen's and bought a pregnancy test. When I got home I sat the bag on the counter and walked away. I was a bit scared. So I waited until the next morning, as the box said-- best results first thing in the morning.
So I took the test and stood there watching at the stream rolled over the plus/ minus signs... AND WOW, my test was fast....and positive! I was speechless. I called my assistant at work and told her I took the test and it was positive. I still didn't think this could be true. So I did what a lot of women do the first time taking these tests, they go by another test thinking it was wrong. (Of course I hear later there is rarely a false positive). I did it again at work and had my assistant look, and she was like--well it looks like you have a bun in the oven. I started to cry, I don't know why- so many emotions- so much unknown- how do I tell my parents?- the father?- I was 31 years old- I know I was deep down in my gut excited, but didn't picture my life like this. I wanted to be married first with the house, a husband, and then have a baby. God had a different plan for me. A wonderful different path. He blessed me to be a mother. July 24th, 6 years ago. I passed the test with a positive.
A few moths later I found out I was having a baby girl. For some reason I just knew it was a girl..I rarely seemed to look at boys names--but then again those first few months are a blur. So much preparing, thinking, dreaming.
So today as I look back and remember those thoughts, where I was, who was with me and I realize I love my life and what it has brought to me. My precious Madeline. She is my world, my love, my rock!
I love you Madeline
Love Mommy.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Awe, such a sweet memory. It's not just your test, mine was positive before I could move it to the counter. I waited anyway, it didn't change.

Don't worry, I was married, had a house and great job. I was still scared to death to be a Mommy. I wouldn't change it for the world now, I don't remember what life was like pre-kids!

It was Brandon who was convinced Parker was a girl. He told me when I was 8 weeks pregnant, "we are having a girl!" We have not told our parents yet, we were waiting for Christmas to tell everyone. He never discussed boys' names, refused to.

Have a good one and thanks for sharing such a personal story!

Rebekah said...

Ok - 1st off you are in SO much trouble ... I saw the picture and the post title and my heart sank - I thought this was NOW! Then I read on and admit I cried ... what a great memory you have for Madeline and wahat a great unplanned event she turned out to be ... it is amazing and you are a great mom to a great little girl! I look forward to watching Madeline grow and turn into a little lady ... Have a great day Lisa - wish you lived closer :0) ... see you tomorrow for FFF!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!

Hannah said...

So sweet. I think it is great to celebrate your positive day. I celebrate my gotcha day and their birthday so you should celebrate your positive day and birthday.

See you later!

Sarah said...

Awww... while those initial moments were so scary for you, how awesome of a decision you made to give that beautiful little girl life! Could you imagine your life without her? She is so incredibly precious and it amazes me daily to see the surprises God has in store for us!

Dena said...

God is so awesome - he gives us more than we could ever dream of!